Since 2006, we have surveyed and analyzed feedback from 14 million employees at over 40,000 organizations as a part of the Top Workplaces program. Research shows that organizations that become Top Workplaces are better able to attract and retain top talent. Plus, having a say through the survey helps these employees stay engaged. Through Top Workplaces we have found that companies with engaged employees outperform their peers. To help make companies better places to work together, we must find the insights and inspire action. We are trusted by employees and companies to unlock potential, inspire performance and deliver amazing results.
Energage is looking for a Staff Accountant to assist the Controller as we take our business to the next level by becoming an engagement platform SAAS technology provider. We are looking for people to help us on our mission of making the world a better place to work together! With values of Helpfulness, Open-Mindedness and Teamwork, you will enjoy being part of a mission driven team that knows how to have some fun at work. If this sounds like you and you have the Staff Account experience listed below, we would love to speak to you.
What a Staff Accountant Would do:
- Assist in Accounts Payable (entering bills daily in Bill.com)
- Accounts Receivable: remote deposit, billing, and managing subscriptions, vendor forms follow up on AR
- Prepares daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for credit card reconciliations and entries.
- Reconciles cash accounts
- Makes journal entries
- Perform monthly reconciliations of deferred revenue and other balance sheet accounts
- Prepares analysis on account variances as needed
- Researches and provides conclusion on accounting issues
- Assists in month end (and year end) closing and financial review
- Assists with internal and external audits
- Be an active and supporting team member of the internal operations department providing excellent internal and external customer service.
What skills, experiences and traits our Staff Accountant should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the accounting field
- Ability to communicate with all levels of people using superior professionalism.
- Excellent written communication and thorough documentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to successful conclusion.
- Analytical ability to research and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to use logical methods to address problems and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to identify developing problems and take immediate corrective action as needed.
- Exercise advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have expert level knowledge of all desktop computer applications such as MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
- Must have experience with QuickBooks
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations with a fast- growing company.
- Ability to multitask and possess excellent time management skills.
- Capable of learning new software quickly- such as Zuora
- Must be able to work independently as well as support and contribute to team goals.
We know what makes Top Workplaces and strive to be one! We use our products (we call it ‘eating our own ice cream’) to gather feedback, say thanks, facilitate performance coaching, and have anonymous two-way communication. We offer a competitive compensation package and additional benefits, including:
- Company pays 50% of individual health care premium
- 3 weeks paid time off plus the week between Christmas and New Years
- Company-sponsored 401 (k), with a generous company match
- A day off per year for community service- do it with the group or on your own
- Company sponsored events – a holiday party, monthly lunches, sales competitions to name a few
- Certification as a B-Corp (https://www.bcorporation.net/)