The New Business Sales Manager is responsible for engaging and educating first time Top Workplaces participants of the value that WorkplaceDynamics offers while ultimately helping them select the survey results option that is best for them.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the primary role of the New Business sales manager is to lead and coach the team members to achieve our sales objectives and carry out key initiatives and process improvements. This occurs in regular 1:1 meetings, role plays, joint calls, team sessions, and smaller working groups.
The New Business Sales Manager is responsible for building a sales culture that is consistent with our Mission and Values. The manager also helps inform strategic decisions for the Top Workplaces business in collaboration with the other managers and VP of Sales.
Our managers work directly with clients, so the manager is expected to contribute directly to the results of the team.
The manager of the New Business team will also work closely with the recruiting team. This partnership is an essential element to fostering success of the New Business team.
• Mentor and develop the selling skills of all the sales reps on the team, as well as their own. This will, at a minimum, include observational joint sales calls as needed, role playing, one-on-one coaching sessions, team practice sessions and running weekly team meetings
• Solicit and listen to feedback from the team, and synthesize that feedback to make sound decisions
• Properly manage and maintain sales reports
• Perform bi-weekly 1:1 sessions with each team member
• Work with New Business clients
• Handle escalations around specific client issues as they arise
• Cultivate and implement new ideas, approaches, and innovations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team
• Continually seek to develop personally and professionally to enhance value to the Company
• Work closely with the Vice President of Sales to ensure quality and consistency of approach
• As a contributor to the team’s goals, the manager will also be responsible for their own sales funnel and individual sales targets.
• Experience with training/onboarding new employees required
• Prior management or leadership experience a plus, but not required